THE CHOUX INGREDIENTS
110g plain Nodo flour (sifted)
5g caster sugar
150g eggs (lightly beaten)
- Sift flour.
- Place butter, water, salt, and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Heat on stove top until they just come to the boil.
- Take off heat, add flour, place back on heat and mix until roux comes away from the sides and bottom of the pan, and no flour is present.
- Place mixture into the stand mixer and mix with the paddle attachment for two minutes – until cooled slightly.
- Slowly add egg mixture in small quantities – only adding the next amount of egg once the previous has been fully emulsified.
- Scrape down the sides and mix again until no egg is present.
- Place mixture in a piping bag with a 2cm nozzle.
- Pipe onto a greased and lined flat baking tray – diameter around 5cm.
- Bake in oven – 180 degrees. Once eclairs are in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes until golden on top.
FILLING & TOPPING
300ml thickened cream
1/2 tsp vanilla bean
1 tbpn sugar
100g chocolate (milk or dark)
1 tbsp butter
Using an electric mixer, beat cream, vanilla and sugar until firm peaks.
Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.