Makes: 12 Cupcakes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
Have a celebration coming up on the calendar? You guest list will be stunned with the most beautiful party cupcakes they have ever feasted their eyes on. The fun is only the icing on the cake; topped with white chocolate buttercream and natural sprinkles, these cupcakes triple down on the flavour.
Being completely gluten free, these cupcakes will be a true crowd pleaser that everyone at the party can enjoy.
- 120g light olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 free range eggs
- 120ml whole milk
- 140g raw caster sugar
- 180g Nodo Plain Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4tsp salt
- Natural, gluten free sprinkles
For the White Chocolate Buttercream Icing
- 250g unsalted better, softened
- 250g icing sugar
- 200g white chocolate
- Full cream milk or cream, for consistency
- Preheat oven to 180ºC, fan forced and line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners.
- Using a mixer or hand beater, whisk oil and sugar for 1 minute straight.
- Add eggs and vanilla, whisk just to combine.
- Fold through flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Fold in milk and mix until silky smooth.
- Spoon mixture into prepared cupcake pan until 3/4 full. Be careful not to overfill.
- Bake for 16 minutes or when the cupcakes are lightly browned.
- Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile move onto the buttercream icing.
- Melt your white chocolate in the microwave on medium heat for 60 seconds. Remove, stir and continue until completely melted and smooth. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- While the white chocolate is cooling, beat the butter with a mixer or hand beater on low speed until fluffy.
- One tablespoon at a time, lightly mix the icing sugar in until fully incorporated.
- Slowly pour in melted white chocolate and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add a little milk or cream if you desire a softer consistency (around 2-3 tablespoons).
- Decorate with natural sprinkles.