- 2 x Large Eggs
- 320g Choice milk
- 50g Ricotta
- 50g Butter
- 200g Almond Meal (blanched or natural)
- 100g Rapadura Sugar
- 200g NODO GF Flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Sourdough Starter* (optional)
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
*Sourdough Starter is optional. This is fantastic for gut health and provides a slightly sour taste and light fluffy texture. See here for sourdough starter recipe
- Weigh out all required ingredients (We like to weigh everything for better accuracy).
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk. Then combine milk, vinegar, ricotta & melted butter with the whisked eggs and whisk some more.
- Sift your dry ingredients into a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients together with wet ingredients and whisk to combine until smooth.
This recipe can be cooked either in the oven or fry pan.
Option 1. Oven – Preheat oven to 175c (Fan Forced). Weight out 150g of Batter into an oven proof non stick frypan and bake for 12 minutes.
Option 2. Frypan – Lightly butter frypan and cook 1 cup of batter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown, depending on your cooking heat.