Our philosophy is simple “EAT DONUTS FOR BREAKFAST”. This means putting the fun back into wholesome food. All our products have been lovingly prepared with nothing but good intentions, a focus on health and the best possible, naturally gluten free ingredients.
Need catering, or just want a family size custom order because you can?
Take home our unique ingredients and follow custom recipes to bring to life Nodo creations.
BEST GF CHOUX PASTRY
THE CHOUX INGREDIENTS
110g plain Nodo flour (sifted)
5g caster sugar
150g eggs (lightly beaten)
FILLING & TOPPING
300ml thickened cream
1/2 tsp vanilla bean
1 tbpn sugar
100g chocolate (milk or dark)
1 tbsp butter
Using an electric mixer, beat cream, vanilla and sugar until firm peaks.
Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
HOT CROSS BUNS (GF)
500g Plain Nodo Flour Blend
10g Xanthan Gum
40g Rapadura Sugar
1 tsp Salt
400g (1.5 cups) Milk
1 tbsp Yeast
1 Large Egg
100g (0.5 cup) Water
1 tbsp Psyllium
1 tbsp Cinnamon
2 tsp All Spice
1 tsp Ginger
260g Soaked Dried Fruit (we love dried blueberries)
1. Activate the yeast by mixing yeast and the warm milk together
2. In the mixing bowl, soak psyllium in the water together, let sit
3. In a seperate bowl, weigh the dry ingredients (expect the spices). Hand whisk the dries together.
4. When the yeast and psyllium are ready, add the soft butter, eggs and activated yeast then all dries (expect the spices)
5. In your stand mixer, fit with the hook, attachment. Mix the ingredients on 1st speed for 3 minutes
6. Scrape down (make sure theres no dry ingredients in the bottom of the bowl)
7. Further mix on 2nd speed for 3-4 minutes
8. Add the spices, mix the dough for another 3-4 minutes in second speed.
9. Scrape again, then mixture dough for another 3-4 minutes in second speed
10. Add the soaked blueberries (include any juice and zest)
11. Mix the dough in 1st speed until the fruit properly dispurse around 2-3 minutes
12. Remove from the bowl, transfer on a sprayed (oiled) tray or bin.
13. Let it rest in the fridge for ablest an hour - the longer the better
14. Transfer the rested dough onto a floured bench (we use rice flour)
15. Cut and shape the dough (roughly 150g each)
16. Place on baking tray
17. Cross the buns with crossing mix (see recipe below)
18. Bake in oven at 185 degrees, low fan for 25-28 minutes
19. Glaze to finish with glazing mix (recipe below)
1/2 cup plain flour
4-5 tbsp water
Mix flour and water together to you get a nice smooth consistency. Place into piping bag and pipe onto hot cross buns.
1/3 cup hot water
2 tbsp sugar
Stir til sugar has dissvolved and brush over freshly baked hot cross buns
1.5 tsp Psyllium
1 tsp Yeast
2 x Large Eggs
110g Butter (soft)
215g Plain Nodo Flour
50g Sorghum Flour
1 tsp Xanthan
41g Raw Sugar
1 tsp Salt
60g Dark Chocolate (at least 50%)
30g Cacao Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
50g Toasted Hazelnuts (optional)
50g Chocolate Chips (optional)
1. Soak psyllium in milk for 1 minute.
2. Whisk in yeast.
3. Add eggs and soft butter.
4. Add all the dry ingredients.
5. Mix on a slow speed for 3 minutes.
6. Scrape down the bowl.
7. Mix further on a medium speed for another 3 minutes.
8. Scrape down the bowl once more - ensuring that there is no flour left at the bottom of the bowl - and mix again for 3 minutes.
9. After mixing cover the bowl with cling wrap then chill for an hour in the fridge.
10. While the dough is resting, mix the filling.
1. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave butter and dark chocolate until melted. Do not burn the chocolate!!
2. Add sugar, cacao, cinnamon - Whisk until smooth and spreadable.
11. Pull the dough out from the fridge. Then dust the bench with fine rice flour. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough into a rectangular shape - about 8 inches long and 4 inches wide, try not to break the dough or make a hole.
12. Spread the filing evenly then sprinkle hazelnuts and/or chocolate chips.
13. Roll the dough - like a Swiss roll - into a tight log.
14. Cut down the middle of the log leaving one end uncut - stopping about half an inch from the end.
15. Twist the two parts together - starting from the uncut end.
16. Transfer into a well sprayed small loaf tin - cover with a warm wet tea towel - proof for around 1 hour.
17. Pre heat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
18. Bake for 45 minutes.
19. Sugar glaze once out of the oven - then transfer onto a cooling rack.