Makes: 4 Pizza Bases
Prep time: 15 minutes
Rest time: 2 hours
Bake time: 15 minutes
Our gluten free vegan pizza base recipe creates the perfect gluten free pizza crust. Made with only natural ingredients, this base looks and upholds the phenomenal flavour of any traditional pizza base. This recipe is a game changer, super easy to make and will be one of the single most important staples to have in your kitchen.
Have a crack at it on your next date night. Show off your skills and bond together over those mmm-worthy moments.
- 685ml luke warm water
- 32g psyllium
- 42g olive oil
- 500g Nodo Plain Flour
- 7g instant dry yeast
- 10g salt
- 10g raw sugar
- 13g xantham gum
- In a mixing bowl, soak psyllium husk in luke warm water for a minute or two.
- Add olive oil and the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Using a dough hook, mix on slow speed for 2 minutes. Scrap down. More water can be added if the dough is really dry (approximately 1 tsp).
- Further mix the dough on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. The dough should be sticky to touch.
- Cover the dough with cling wrap and put in the fridge for an hour to rest. After an hour pull out the dough from the fridge and transfer to a floured bench.
- Divide the dough into 4 or can be weighted (around 300 grams) for thin and crispy crust or divide into 3 (around 400 grams) for a thicker crust.
- Shape each dough into a bun. Cover each piece in cling wrap to prevent from drying up.
- Roll the dough one by one into a disc around 25cm-28cm (10-11in). Use flour to prevent from sticking to the rolling pin or the bench.
- Dock the dough using a fork.
- Transfer in an oil sprayed tray or pizza tray. Remove excess flour on top of the dough.
- Proof by covering with a damp cloth and put in a warm place. This might take around 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC fan forced. Prepare baking tray or pizza tray.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- After baking, let your pizza base cool down for at least 30 minutes before putting on your toppings.
- Slice up and enjoy!