Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Inspired by our beloved cafe’s strawberry waffle, this Strawberry Shortcake Waffle Recipe is sure to be a spring-time classic that the whole family will love. The waffles are crispy on the outside, fluffy within, and layered with coconut yogurt, freshly made strawberry sauce, and juicy strawberry slices.
Ready in under 20 minutes, these waffles are so easy to make at anytime of the day. Drizzle a little maple over the top and you’re left with a deliciously impressive gluten free strawberry shortcake waffle!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Be sure to tag #nodoathome @nodoathome on Instagram or TikTok. We’d love to see what you come up with.
Let's roll up our sleeves, gather the ingredients and get cooking, friends!
Gluten Free Waffles:
- 170g (1 cup) Better Batter Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 tbsp oil of choice (we use extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 punnet strawberries, chopped into quarters
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (any citrus fruit will suit)
- Coconut yoghurt (optional)
- Strawberries, chopped (optional)
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Freeze-dried strawberries (optional)
- Pre-heat waffle iron to desired settings, spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, milk and oil - whisk to combine.
- Add in Better Batter mix to wet mixture and whisk to combine. Note that the mixture will be runny.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron so the grid is just covered (100ml each to make 4 waffles).
- Cook according to desired settings on your waffle iron.
Remove waffles from iron once cooked, crispy and golden.
- Place your chopped strawberries onto a pan over a medium heat. Add in sugar and citrus juice and bring to a simmer.
- Once the strawberries start to soften, mash and stir them to make a thick sauce like consistency. Note you will still have lumps from your strawberries.
- Remove strawberry sauce from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Lightly mix your strawberry sauce with coconut yogurt.
- To serve, slice waffle in half, adding strawberry coconut yoghurt sauce on each slice. Top with fresh strawberries, maple syrup and freeze-dried strawberries if desired.