1.5 tsp Psyllium
1 tsp Yeast
2 x Large Eggs
110g Butter (soft)
215g Plain Nodo Flour
50g Sorghum Flour
1 tsp Xanthan
41g Raw Sugar
1 tsp Salt
60g Dark Chocolate (at least 50%)
30g Cacao Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
50g Toasted Hazelnuts (optional)
50g Chocolate Chips (optional)
1. Soak psyllium in milk for 1 minute.
2. Whisk in yeast.
3. Add eggs and soft butter.
4. Add all the dry ingredients.
5. Mix on a slow speed for 3 minutes.
6. Scrape down the bowl.
7. Mix further on a medium speed for another 3 minutes.
8. Scrape down the bowl once more - ensuring that there is no flour left at the bottom of the bowl - and mix again for 3 minutes.
9. After mixing cover the bowl with cling wrap then chill for an hour in the fridge.
10. While the dough is resting, mix the filling.
1. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave butter and dark chocolate until melted. Do not burn the chocolate!!
2. Add sugar, cacao, cinnamon - Whisk until smooth and spreadable.
11. Pull the dough out from the fridge. Then dust the bench with fine rice flour. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough into a rectangular shape - about 8 inches long and 4 inches wide, try not to break the dough or make a hole.
12. Spread the filing evenly then sprinkle hazelnuts and/or chocolate chips.
13. Roll the dough - like a Swiss roll - into a tight log.
14. Cut down the middle of the log leaving one end uncut - stopping about half an inch from the end.
15. Twist the two parts together - starting from the uncut end.
16. Transfer into a well sprayed small loaf tin - cover with a warm wet tea towel - proof for around 1 hour.
17. Pre heat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
18. Bake for 45 minutes.
19. Sugar glaze once out of the oven - then transfer onto a cooling rack.