With a moist and tasty centre, these wholesome gluten-free blueberry muffins are the perfect, fun fit for your next picnic or office morning tea.
These muffins are perfect for kids and grown ups alike. Prep them in advance for an easy snack on the go. The coconut yoghurt adds a beautiful consistency and ensures that they stay super moist. There’s even a splash of apple cider vinegar you may be tempted to skip – but don’t. Trust us, it will help your muffins rise beautifully without affecting the taste.
MAKES 12 MUFFINS
2 cups Nodo Self Raising Flour
1 cup raw or rapadura sugar
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3 large free range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 + 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 cup oil of choice
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup blueberries + extra for topping
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
2 tbsp of poppyseeds (optional)
- Begin by preheating the fan-forced oven to 165 degrees celsius.
- Take out a muffin tray and line the tray with muffin papers or spray with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, add all the wet ingredients — coconut milk, coconut yoghurt, oil, vanilla, lemon juice, and eggs.
- Whisk well to combine.
In a separate bowl, add all dry ingredients — Nodo Self Raising Flour, rapadura sugar and almond meal. Stir well.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the fresh berries and poppyseeds.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the baking mould.
- Top each muffin with three blueberries and a sprinkle of poppyseeds.
- Place the tray in the oven and allow to bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Enjoy fresh blueberry muffins at your next picnic!