Italian love, squared. This gluten free mushroom lasagne is the perfect remedy to stay warm and cosy throughout the cooler months.
This Nodo-style version is a white lasagne recipe with no tomatoes in sight. Instead, the flavour comes from the mushrooms and knockout taste of truffle paste in our gluten free bechamel sauce. Yum.
We recommend using the best quality mushrooms you can find. Porcini and Chantarelle mushrooms, with their earthy umami notes, will make the dish shine.
This decadent lasagne will satisfy the comfort food cravings of the whole family – perhaps even your nonna, because she’ll never suspect it’s gluten free.
Viva la lasagna!
MAKES 6 SERVES
- 2 boxes gluten free lasagne sheets (we like San Remo)
- 600g mushrooms
- 1/2 bunch flat parsley
- 200g mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 750ml bechamel sauce (recipe below)
GLUTEN FREE BECHAMEL SAUCE
Begin by making the bechamel. Add the butter to a large pot and allow it to melt on a low heat. Once the butter has melted, add in the flour and truffle paste, stirring to combine.
- Gradually add in the milk, stirring to reach a smooth consistency. Then add the nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cook out the bechamel on a medium heat. This process should take around 30 minutes. During this time, ensure you are stirring regularly to prevent the sauce from burning.
- Set the bechamel aside and preheat the oven to 180C.
- Dice the mushrooms and add to a pan on medium heat with oil. Cook the mushrooms until they are tender, seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- Take out your large baking dish and place your first layer of pasta sheets on the bottom. Top the layer with bechamel sauce, mushrooms and parsley. Repeat this process for an additional two layers.
- Cook lasagne in the oven for 45 minutes, topping with the mozzarella cheese half way through.
Love this recipe? Check out another of our gluten free winter warmers here.
SHOP GLUTEN FREE FLOUR