Makes: 6 Pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
These fluffy pumpkin pancakes are inspired by our Pumpkin Maple Gingerbread donut. Using our Better Batter pancake mix, these gluten-free, dairy-free pancakes are perfect for winter brunch! You can also make them into pikelets for a delicious snack!
- 170g Nodo Better Batter
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree*
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Nuttelex, for cooking
- CoYo Vanilla Yogurt
- Dark Chocolate
- Maple Syrup
- Place the Better Batter into a large bowl and create a well in the centre.
- Add the milk, pumpkin puree, oil, egg and spices to the well and whisk together.
- Incorporate the dry mix into the wet ingredients.
- Place a frying pan on a medium heat and add a tablespoon of nuttelex. When the nuttelex starts to foam, pour in 1/3 cup of batter to the centre of the pan. Spread the batter into a circle and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- When bubbles appear around the outside of the pancake, flip over and cook for a further minute.
- Continue cooking pancakes until all of the batter is used up.
- Serve with CoYo, grated dark chocolate and maple syrup
*note: to make the pumpkin puree, steam 50g of pumpkin until tender. Mash with a fork until smooth. You can also use leftover roasted or mashed pumpkin for this recipe.