Ideal for a weekend breakfast, make between four and six delicious, light, and crispy waffles that are gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free for everyone to enjoy.
- Begin by preheating your waffle press.
In a large bowl, combine the Nodo Self Raising Flour, Nodo Rapadura Sugar and salt.
- In a small bowl, separate the egg whites from the yolk and begin whisking the whites in a mixer until light and fluffy (if you’re using a Thermomix, mix for 1 minute at 3.5 speed).
- Using a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then combine the milk, oil and vanilla. Stir well until combined.
- Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients in your large bowl and slowly pour in the wet mixture. Mix well, then gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour gluten free waffle mixture into the waffle iron, until it’s about three-quarters full.
- Leave to cook for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown (we use the classic setting on a Breville waffle press).
Serving suggestion for gluten free waffles:
We recommend serving your waffles hot fresh from the waffle press with pure maple syrup, fresh fruit, and your favourite ice cream — coconut, dairy (if you are not intolerant), or yogurt.