Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Ahh, Valentine's Day – the perfect occasion to show your appreciation to your lover with a sweet and delicious date night dessert.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or beginner in the kitchen, with only 8 simple, gluten free ingredients, this lemon delicious pudding recipe is super easy to make and requires minimal effort - which makes it the perfect dessert for date night at home.
It’s light and refreshing, yet tangy and sweet with a silky smooth texture that will melt in your mouth.
Impress your valentine with this irresistible dessert and enjoy a stress-free, evening together. Let's get started lovers!
- 50g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Nodo Not-So Plain Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- Grease a small baking dish with butter. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or electric beater, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, lemon zest and egg yolks. Whisk to combine.
- Gradually add the flour and the baking powder. Whisk until combined.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk until combined. Lastly, add the lemon juice and mix slowly until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl, then clean and dry the bowl for the stand mixer.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until soft peaks form, 3-5 minutes.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture. Transfer into the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish inside another large, deep tray. Place both of them into the oven, then fill the large tray with boiling water to create a water bath.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top starts to brown and the pudding is set.
- Just before serving, dust with icing sugar. Serve with ice cream.