Makes: 1 cake
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 45 minutes
Have a celebration coming up on the calendar? You guest list will be stunned with the most aesthetically pleasing party cake they have ever feasted their eyes on. The beautiful look is only the icing on the cake; topped with vanilla buttercream and fresh fruit, this cake triples down on the flavour.
Being completely gluten free with an easy dairy free option, it's a true crowd pleaser that everyone at the party can enjoy.
- 4 x large free range eggs
- 150g full fat greek yogurt
- 60g milk
- 120g oil of choice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g Nodo Self Raising Flour
- 55g almond meal
- 135g raw sugar
- 300g frozen berries
For the Buttercream Icing
- 240g butter, softened
- 680g icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–3 tbsp milk
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 170ºC and lightly grease your cake mould (we use an 8 inch round tin).
- Combine wet ingredients using a hand mixer or whisk by hand.
- Add dry ingredients and any optional extras (we like to add frozen berries).
- Mix until just combined.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden and insert a skewer into the centre, making sure it comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin to slightly cool and then turn out onto wired rack.
- Top with vanilla buttercream icing all your favourite toppings once completely cool. We like to decorate with fresh fruit and edible flowers.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whisk the butter on high speed until light and fluffy. This should take around 5-7 minutes.
- One tablespoon at a time, slowly add your powdered sugar, mixing on medium speed until combined.
- Add milk, vanilla and salt. Mix for 3 minutes on high speed. Your buttercream should be light and fluffy with zero lumps.
- Ice your cake straight away or you can refrigerate or freeze for later use. Just ensure you let it come back to room temperature before using on your party cake.
Note: for dairy free option, just swap greek yogurt for coconut yogurt, butter for Nuttelex and use dairy free milk (almond, soy or coconut).