Makes: 9 fluffy scones
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
The best scones are light, slightly sweet and handmade with love. Our gluten free take on the traditional scone is nothing less than the best. With only a few simple gluten free ingredients, these scones are super easy to make. After 20 minutes in the oven, you'll be left with scones that have phenomenal fluffy texture and even better taste – no one would guess that they're gluten free.
You could say they're fit for a queen... or king.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and place parchment paper on, or lightly grease a large pan.
- Blitz flour and butter in a food processor, until a breadcrumb consistency is reached.
- Add all other ingredients and blitz until combined into a dough. Your mixture should be very sticky.
- Place your dough on a floured bench and knead until it comes together.
- Roll into 2cm thick sheet, then cut into 5cm round discs. It's best to use a cookie cutter.
- Glaze with milk and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooled, slice in half and enjoy with your favourite toppings. Nothing beats a scone with good ol' jam and cream.