Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
These gluten free Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes are about as ideal as they come. They’re perfectly light and fluffy, melting in your mouth instantly thanks to its delicious sweetness and a hit of juicy blueberries!
Using our best-selling Better Batter Pancake and Waffle Mix, these pancakes are so easy to make and cook up like a dream. They’re the perfect, relatively quick weekday breakfast or lazy weekend brunch that the whole family will love!
- 170g Nodo Better Batter
- 1/2 cup (150g) smooth ricotta
- 1/4 cup (60mL) olive oil or neutral oil
- 1 cup (250mL) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 punnet blueberries
- Coconut oil or butter, for cooking
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Add the egg yolks, ricotta, oil and milk to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the Better Batter and cinnamon, stirring to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Gently fold the whisked egg whites through the pancake batter until just combined.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- To cook, place a small pan with tall sides on a medium to high heat. Add a heaped teaspoon of coconut oil or butter and allow to melt.
- Pour half a cup of batter into a pan. When bubbles start to appear around the edge, place 5-6 blueberries onto the pancake. Cover the blueberries with a little pancake batter.
- Allow the pancake to cook until bubbles appear in the centre of the pancake, 2 minutes. Flip the pancake, then continue until the pancake is cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter until all pancakes are cooked.
- Serve with fresh blueberries and maple syrup.