Makes: 6 jumbo muffins or 12 small muffins
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes
These soft and sweet banana muffins have us in awe. With a rich chocolate hazelnut surprise in the centre, these easy, gluten free banana muffins are sure to become the next family favourite.
Enjoy with a cup of joe for morning tea - it’s most likely the closest thing to how a warm, cosy hug would taste.
- 1 1/2 cups Nodo Self Raising Flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup Nodo Rapadura Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 small bananas)
- 3/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil, or any neutral oil of your choice
- 1/3 cup Pana Hazelnut Chocolate or nut butter of your choice
- 6 x large muffin papers
- Large muffin tray
- Preheat oven to 180C (or 160C fan-forced)
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the banana, yogurt, eggs, and oil.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Put the muffin papers into the muffin tin. Add the mixture to each muffin cup up to 3/4 full. Make sure there is enough mixture remaining to cover the hazelnut spread.
- Add one teaspoon of hazelnut spread to the centre of each muffin, then cover with one tablespoon of the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes for jumbo muffins, or 18 minutes for small muffins.